Thursday, February 25, 2010

Road Trip 2010 - 24 February

Well, I'm just about on my way outta Jackson.  The car is finished*, and they've done a nice job.  I'll let you know a bit more once I've had a chance to drive it.  I'm feeling much better, though my left side ribs are really sore.  It must be the midway ride in Chapala.  It only took more than a week to start to ache.  I don't recall if I mentioned that ride in an earlier post, so I'll elaborate later on.

I'm heading for New Orleans (again), and plan to be in San Antonio by the weekend.  The * is for the one missing piece of trim that's meeting me there.  It's a little cap that fits on the end of the drip rail at the back of the car.  The Volvo dealer ordered and sent the part for the other side.  The body shop had to overnight the right part, they're going to paint it tomorrow and overnight it to Texas.  I've ordered a few other front end parts that need replacing; hopefully we'll all be in San Antonio at the same time.  Gotta love cars.

I want to get moving, so that's about it for now.  I have a lot to say about what's happened so far, and will try to get it recorded asap.  As Matt at Enterprise rent-a-car said "Huy myan, that's purty deep".  And they say I've got an accent.  No doot aboot it, eh?

Later, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment