Friday, February 19, 2010

RoadTrip 2010 - February 19

Fast forward more than a week...
I miss Mexico already.
Back in Jackson, MS.  My car was supposed to be ready yesterday, so I flew back early.  I wanted to check it out before leaving for another 10,000km.  Well, now it won't be ready until Monday.  Bad weather, short staff, damaged replacement parts, more damage than realized, things missed by the adjuster, etc., etc., etc.  Oh well.  I have a nice rental (a big Kia Borrego SUV), so I think I'll head back to Memphis for the weekend.  Maybe Arkansas (remember those nurses?).  It's nearly 3:30 (it took forever to get the rental sorted out), so I better get moving one way or the other.
Jackson nightlife is apparently non-existent, or shuts down at 10 p.m.  I drove around for more than an hour last night looking for anything to eat other than fast food, but no luck.  Three surprisingly good tacos at Taco Bell later, and that was it for the night.  Whee!
Not even a bit discouraged.  It's rather fun doing nothing.
Oh - upload speed is almost zero, so pics will have to wait.  I'm going to see if I can poach a signal at a Kinkos or somewhere else.  Y'all have to wait until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment