Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Road Trip 2010 - Day 21-22

Sorry no pics; the Internet connection here isn't the greatest, and is only available in the lobby.  Also, my cameras are acting up, but it's likely the memory cards or readers.  I have them checked out when I hit a city with a Canon dealer. 

However, the here here is pretty nice.  We're right on the ocean (see below) and the sound of the waves crashing on the beach is very relaxing and calming.

The bus trip I mentioned earlier brought us to Samba Vallarta, just north of Puerto Vallarta, on the coast of Banderas Bay (not sure if it's that Banderas).  The hotel/resort is very nice, all inclusive and not terribly busy (that's nice, too).  We had a bit of a hassle with rooms, but it's all sorted now.  The food is plentiful, though it's gringo, and libations are available pretty much non-stop.  Mostly gringo as well, but apparently a good selection of Tequila, which I don't touch (we had a fight when I was 19 and we've never reconciled).  So far, I have to stick with my earlier comment about being in a non-resort area.  I'm not feeling the greatest (some folks say it might be the altitude), so I haven't done any roaming beyond the boundaries of the resort.  Apparently there's a bus into PV every 20 minutes; maybe I'll adventure out tomorrow. 

More soon. 

Oh - no word on my car yet.  The body shop has ordered the parts, so I'm confident everything is being taken care of.  If it's sorted by the time we get back from this little trip, I may leave for Jackson a bit earlier.  I do have several days of driving to make up if I want to get to the west coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment